Douglas I. Leifert, Esq.West Palm Beach Criminal Defense Attorney
Toll Free: 888-5-DEFEND
2160 W Atlantic Ave, 2nd Floor
Delray Beach, Florida 33445
Palm Beach and Broward County criminal defense attorney Douglas Leifert is proud to serve as one of the experienced and dedicated lawyers at the Law Offices of Leifert & Leifert, a partnership of former prosecutors. In practice since 1990, Mr. Leifert has handled tens of thousands of Criminal and Traffic cases, ranging from Trafficking in Drugs, Felonies, Misdemeanors, DUI's, Shoplifting, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, to simple Traffic Tickets, both as a Prosecutor and a Defense Attorney. He regularly appears in all of the Courthouses in Palm Beach County and is well respected by the Judiciary, Prosecutors, Law Enforcement and his colleagues. Mr. Leifert has conducted many Jury Trials in this time period and has obtained excellent results for his clients. Mr. Leifert has no disciplinary record with the Florida Bar and has not had a complaint sustained by anyone about his services in this time period. Mr. Leifert is a Palm Beach County resident since 1990 and has been a very active member in the the community ever since. Mr. Leifert has been a Youth Court Judge for Palm Beach County since circa 1997 and continues to serve in that capacity to this day.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree from the University of Miami, Douglas pursued his law degree at Nova Southeastern University. During law school, Douglas worked at the State Attorney’s Office in Palm Beach County as a Certified Legal Intern, beginning in 1989. Upon graduating from law school, Douglas was admitted to the Florida bar and began practicing law in Florida in 1990, initially serving as prosecutor in Palm Beach County.
As a prosecutor at the State Attorney’s Office in Palm Beach Count, Douglas handled a wide variety of cases and held a wide range of titles, including but not limited to DUI Division Chief, Chief of Environmental Crimes in the White Collar Crime Unit and Chief of Crimes Against the Elderly, a division of the State Attorney’s Office that Douglas initiated. After 6 years of work at the State Attorney’s Office, Douglas began practicing as a criminal defense attorney in Palm Beach County in 1995.
To Leifert & Leifert, and to our South Florida firm’s clients, Douglas brings both unparalleled legal experience and a unique perspective gained from years of handling legal matters both as a prosecutor and later as a defense attorney. Additionally, Douglas brings with him the stellar reputation that years of successful legal work have earned him. He is familiar with the local justice system and the system is familiar with him—local prosecutors and judges alike know who Douglas is and they know, based on past experiences, that Douglas works diligently and aggressively to advocate on behalf of his clients. Realizing that his clients, although they have found themselves in bad situations, are not bad people, Douglas dedicates his career to ensuring that individuals’ futures are not jeopardized because of past mistakes and/or misunderstandings.
Today, Douglas supplements his legal work at the Law Offices of Leifert & Leifert with active membership at a number of organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Ticket Justice Center, where he is the group’s president, and the Palm Beach County Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- Former Prosecutor, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Former Assistant State Attorney, Palm Beach County, Florida
- West Palm Beach Criminal Attorney
- Palm Beach County Criminal Defense Lawyer
- West Palm Beach DUI Attorney
- Palm Beach County DUI Lawyer
- Member of the Florida Bar admitted 1990
- Law Degree, Nova Southeastern University
- Undergraduate Degree, University of Miami
- Former DUI division chief, State Attorney’s Office, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Former Chief of Environmental Crimes, State Attorney’s Office, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Former Chief of Crime Against the Elderly, State Attorney’s Office, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Former Felony Prosecutor, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Former Misdemeanor Prosecutor, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Private Practice, West Palm Beach Criminal Defense Attorney since 1995
- President, Ticket Justice Center
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Palm Beach County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Practice Committee Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce
- Judge, Palm Beach County Youth Court
- 2002 Recipient of the Governor’s Community Investment Award