BROWARD AND PALM BEACH COUNTY'S LEADING STALKING DEFENSE LAWYER TEAM
BROWARD COUNTY STALKING LAWYER
PALM BEACH COUNTY STALKING ATTORNEY
Leifert & Leifert is a Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm offering aggressive and skilled representation to individuals accused of Stalking in Broward County, Palm Beach County and Miami-Dade County. If you were recently arrested for Stalking or are facing any Stalking charge in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Miami-Dade or any other part of South Florida, contact an Stalking Defense Lawyer at Leifert & Leifert for immediate help in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade. Stalking allegations seriously effect your reputation and ability to maintain or secure future employment.
Need an Stalking Lawyer in Broward or Palm Beach?
FORMER STALKING PROSECUTORS
If you are looking for a Fort Lauderdale Stalking Attorney or West Palm Beach Stalking Lawyer for any Stalking case, please contact us immediately for a free consultation.
ASK US ABOUT SPECIAL YOUTHFUL OFFENDER PROGRAMS FOR FIRST TIME STALKING OFFENDERS
An allegation of Stalking can have a devastating effect on your reputation, your livelihood and overall well being. It is crucial that an Stalking case be handled with extreme care and caution by an experienced Stalking Defense Lawyer. We are former prosecutors and have handled numerous Stalking cases in Broward and Palm Beach. Each Stalking case needs to be examined to determine if it can be dismissed and removed from your record. If this is a first offense, the courts in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Miami-Dade all have programs designed for first time youthful offenders which will may ultimately result in a reduction of your Stalking charges. You may also be eligible to seal or expunge your Stalking case.
AGGRESSIVE STALKING DEFENSE LAWYERS
Broward County / Palm Beach County / Miami-Dade County
The Stalking attorneys at Leifert & Leifert will look for ways to achieve dismissal of your Stalking charges or seek alternative resolutions that will look towards the possibility of dismissal and records expungement or sealing. Our criminal defense lawyers are routinely in Stalking court in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade.
Contact a Broward or Palm Beach Stalking Attorney
As experienced Stalking Defense Lawyers, Leifert & Leifert has extensive insight in representing individuals charged with the offense of Stalking in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade County.
Please call a Stalking Attorney at Leifert & Leifert to schedule a free consultation. Our Stalking Lawyers have offices in Broward County (Plantation) and Palm Beach County (Delray Beach). We look forward to assisting you.
STALKING LAW IN FLORIDA
(a) "Harass" means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) "Course of conduct" means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of "course of conduct." Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.
(c) "Credible threat" means a threat made with the intent to cause the person who is the target of the threat to reasonably fear for his or her safety. The threat must be against the life of, or a threat to cause bodily injury to, a person.
(d) "Cyberstalk" means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.
(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(3) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person, and makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury of the person, or the person's child, sibling, spouse, parent, or dependent, commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree.
(4) Any person who, after an injunction for protection against repeat violence, sexual violence, or dating violence pursuant to s. 784.046, or an injunction for protection against domestic violence pursuant to s. 741.30, or after any other court-imposed prohibition of conduct toward the subject person or that person's property, knowingly, willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree.
(5) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks a minor under 16 years of age commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree.
(6) Any law enforcement officer may arrest, without a warrant, any person he or she has probable cause to believe has violated the provisions of this section.As seasoned Stalking Defense Attorneys in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade we have the knowledge and experience to obtain the best possible outcome.
CALL AN ATTORNEY AT LEIFERT & LEIFERT FOR HELP WITH YOUR STALKING CASE IN BROWARD, PALM BEACH OR MIAMI-DADE.