If you have been arrested or charged for a crime in Boca Raton, it can seem like a hopeless situation. You may feel like you have no valid defense, or that it will just be easier to accept your punishment and try to move on. This is not always the case.
You could actually have many legal options that may reduce your penalties or even have your charges dropped. A criminal lawyer in Boca Raton can offer you the support and assistance you need to help beat your charges and get your life back on track. To learn more or get started building your defense, consult with a defense attorney in Florida today. En Español.
Why Work with a Boca Raton Criminal Lawyer
When you are facing criminal charges in Florida, you need a trusted criminal defense lawyer on your side.
However, it is even more important to work with a local criminal lawyer that is familiar with the courts, judges, and other lawyers in Boca Raton. We can help you by:
- Building a strong defense against your criminal charges, striving to prove your innocence if possible
- Shrewdly negotiating potential plea bargains with the prosecution
- Working tirelessly to reduce your penalties
- Keeping you updated on every detail of your case and making sure you know what is going on every step of the way
Fighting Criminal Charges in Florida
A Boca Raton criminal attorney can represent people charged with a variety of misdemeanors and felonies in Florida, including:
- Violent crimes, such as murder, manslaughter, burglary, sexual battery, or assault
- Drug-related crimes, including possession, trafficking, prescription fraud, and drug manufacturing
- White collar crimes, such as fraud, theft, forgery, and computer-related crimes
- Traffic crimes, including DUI, vehicular manslaughter, reckless driving, or driving without a license
- Property crimes, including shoplifting, trespassing, and vandalism
Misdemeanor Crimes in Boca Raton
A “misdemeanor” is considered a minor crime, but a conviction could still lead to harsh penalties. In Florida, there are two types of misdemeanors: first degree and second degree.
A first-degree misdemeanor is the most serious type of misdemeanor and could carry penalties of up to one year in jail and a maximum of $1,000 in fines. Common first-degree misdemeanors in Florida include:
- Domestic violence
- Marijuana possession
- Reckless driving
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
A second-degree misdemeanor is the least serious type of crime in Florida, but it is still punishable by up to 60 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $500. Common second-degree misdemeanors which a Boca Raton criminal lawyer can assist with include:
- Disorderly conduct
- Simple assault
- Driving without a license
- Serving alcohol to a minor
Felony Charges in Florida
The most serious crimes in Florida are considered “felonies,” and are often punished severely. In fact, a person charged with a felony could be facing many years in prison (or even a death sentence) and thousands of dollars in fines. Florida law defines three different categories of felonies: first, second, and third degree.
First-degree felonies include:
- Drug trafficking
Second-degree felonies include:
- Aggravated battery
- Statutory rape
Third-degree felonies in Florida include:
- Aggravated assault
- Hit and run accidents involving injury
- Possession of a Controlled Substance without a Prescription
Get the Help You Need From a Boca Raton Criminal Lawyer Today
A criminal record can hurt your finances, limit your freedom, affect your family life, and impact your future. Fortunately, a criminal lawyer in Boca Raton can fight to help you achieve the most favorable outcome in your individual case. Call us today to find out how we can help you.
2255 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Map and Driving Directions
Phone: (954) 424-7433