Delray Beach Criminal Lawyer
Facing criminal charges—whether it is for an assault, sex crime, a DUI, theft, gun offense, drug possession, traffic offense, or any other criminal act—can be extremely overwhelming. Many people are unfamiliar with criminal laws, proceedings, and consequences in Florida and are left feeling confused and unsure of where to turn for help.
There is no doubt that criminal charges are a complicated matter and that the stakes can be very high, so choosing the right defense lawyer is a decision that should not be taken lightly.
A criminal lawyer in Delray Beach can help alleviate the burden of facing a criminal charge on your own and give you the individualized attention you need to fight those charges. Call today to learn more about how a Delray Beach criminal lawyer can help you. En Español.
Building a Defense
Having a lawyer on your side from the very beginning is important. The sooner an attorney can start investigating your case and exploring potential legal options, the more likely it is that you will achieve a favorable outcome.
Our Delray Beach criminal attorneys are dedicated to helping you every step of the way, paying attention to your concerns, worries, and the details of your unique case.
We can offer you assistance on any aspect of your case, including:
- Determining if any of your rights were violated at the time of your arrest
- Gathering and examining evidence, such as witness statements, police reports, 911 calls, video surveillance, etc.
- Keeping the lines of communication open at all times so that you are never left in the dark
- Outlining all of your legal options and helping you make informed decisions
- Educating you on the Florida laws that apply to your case
- Fighting for you and the best results in your case
- Standing by your side through every court process and procedure
Florida Crimes and Penalties
In the state of Florida, there are two general types of crimes that a Delray Beach criminal lawyer can assist with: misdemeanors and felonies. Less severe crimes, such as trespassing, minor drug possessions, shoplifting, theft, and simple assault, are considered misdemeanors, while more serious crimes, such as murder, child abuse, burglary, robbery and some drug possession cases are considered felonies.
Misdemeanors and felonies are also classified by the “degree” of the crime and each comes with its own penalties:
- Misdemeanor of the second degree: Maximum imprisonment of 60 days and/or a $500 fine
- Misdemeanor of the first degree: Up to one year in jail and/or a fine of $1,000
- Felony of the third degree: Maximum jail time of five years and/or $5,000 in fines
- Felony of the second degree: A maximum prison sentence of 15 years and/or up to a $10,000 fine
- Felony of the first degree: Up to 30 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine
- Life felony: Life imprisonment and/or a maximum fine of $15,000
- Capital felony: Death Sentence eligibility
Whether you were charged with a minor misdemeanor, a serious felony, or anything in between, get in touch to find out how we can help.
Call a Delray Beach Criminal Attorney Today
The penalties associated with a criminal conviction can affect your life for many years to come; even just having a criminal record can hurt your ability to get a job or a college education. This is why legal representation is essential in a criminal case.
A Delray Beach criminal lawyer can give your case the level of attention it needs and fight to protect your rights and your future.
Directions to our Palm Beach County Former Prosecutors Practicing Criminal Law for Over Fifty Years of Combined Experience at the Delray Beach Office in Palm Beach County:
Take I-95 to Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach. Head West on Atlantic Avenue to Congress Avenue, approximately one-quarter of a mile from the Atlantic Avenue exit.
Cross Congress Avenue and make the first left into the “Congress Square Shopping Center.”
As soon as you enter the shopping center, take your first left and you will be directly in front of the “Leifert & Leifert” building. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor.